Launched in 2021 by the Prime Minister of India, The National Digital Health Mission is a government initiative aiming to improve the overall healthcare structure across the country. It develops the fundamental and typical digital building blocks for healthcare.
It is accessible both to the commercial ecosystem as well as the public. In other words, this system focuses on engaging practitioners with patients through digital media. Besides, read further for more information relevant to the National Digital Health Mission system, such as eligibility criteria, how to apply, documentation, etc.
|About NDHM Details (Overview)|
|Name of the Scheme||NDHM- National Digital Health Mission/ Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission|
|Launched by||Mr Narendra Modi & The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|Launched date||17/08/2020- 74th Independence Day|
|Governing body||National Health Authority Government of India & Central Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Citizen of India|
|Objective||To support universal health coverage|
|Building Blocks of NDHM|
|Personal Health Records|
|Health Facility Registry|
Who is Eligible for National Digital Health Mission- NDHM?
The eligibility criteria for NDHM registration are as follows:
- Citizen of India
What are the Components of the National Digital Health Mission?
Here are the following components of the National Digital Health Mission:
- Health ID- A unique ID number is given to every individual
- Personal Health Records- Digital records of an individual’s health to track citizens’ health and manage their healthcare
- Health Facility Registry- A database of all healthcare facilities allowing citizens to locate and access healthcare facilities
- Health Management Systems- A digital platform for healthcare providers allowing access and update to manage patients’ care
- Health Information Exchange- A digital platform that will allow healthcare providers to exchange health information, such as access to a patient’s complete medical history
- Telemedicine- It enables remote consultations and care through digital technologies to citizens of underdeveloped and remote areas
What are the Characteristics of the National Digital Health Mission?
The following are the characteristics of the National Digital Health Mission:
- Once registered, every Indian citizen will receive a Unique healthcare ID.
- The digital health ID is mainly proof of every individual as a cardholder. It stores all health-related information and every ID will have a link to a data manager through a website or an app.
- Individuals can access their health records within 5 clicks.
- Individuals can enjoy all healthcare services at one point.
What Documents are Required for NHDM Registration?
The documents required for NDHM registration are as follows:
- Aadhaar number
- Driving licence
- Identity proof
- Birth proof
- Genuine mobile number
- Health report
- Residential certificate
- Caste certificate
- Handicapped certificate if any
How to Register Under NDHM Online?
To register under the NDHM online, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- First, visit the official website of the National Digital Health Mission at https://ndhm.gov.in/.
- Next, go to the homepage and a new page will appear on your screen.
- Now select registration and login using your username and password.
- Thereafter, you need to log in using credential details and click on Apply Online.
- An application form will appear on your screen. Here you’ll need to provide All the details such as your name, Aadhaar number, mobile number, etc as asked.
- After that, you need to complete the OTP verification process using your registered mobile number.
- Once filled, re-check all the details you’ve provided to avoid mistakes and finally click on Submit.
- To keep records, save the ID number and take a printout.
How To Register a Digital Health ID Card Online Via Aadhaar?
To register a digital health ID card online via Aadhaar, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Firstly, visit the National Digital Health Mission’s official website.
- Go to the homepage and select Generate ID.
- Once you select Generate via Aadhaar, a new page will appear.
- Here you’ll enter your Aadhaar number and click on submit.
- Next, you’ll receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the given required field.
- Fill in all the details as asked such as mobile number, address, etc.
- Now create your Digital ID by choosing a username and password.
- Using the username and password you created, now login into your account.
- You can download your Digital Health ID card for future use.
How To Register a Digital Health ID Card Online Via Driving Licence?
To register a digital health ID card online via driving licence, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- First, visit the official website of the National Digital Health Mission.
- Now go to the homepage and select Generate ID.
- Click on Generate via Driving Licence.
- Once clicked, a new page will appear and here you’ll need to fill in all the details such as mobile number, address, name, etc.
- Next, you’ll need to click on submit and you’ll receive an enrollment number.
- Finally, take the enrollment number to your nearby participating facility and receive your Digital Health ID.
You can also visit Bhumi Jankari Bihar Yojana
What are the Benefits of the National Digital Health Mission?
The benefits of the National Digital Health Mission are as follows:
- Instead of visiting multiple times for diagnostic tests, you can enjoy the benefit of a single diagnostic test.
- Digital healthcare will be provided within a broad spectrum.
- The services will be extended through a website or an app.
- It drives effectiveness, health service transparency and accurate information thereby, increasing the accountability of healthcare providers.
- The choices will be available both for the public as well as private health service individuals.
- It enables a better continuum of health care in primary, secondary or tertiary care.
- It enables researchers to study various programs along with interventions.
- It creates a holistic healthcare environment and leads to a solid digital health infrastructure including insurance companies, hospitals, and pharmacies.