Started in 2016 by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana is a flagship insurance scheme. It aims at financially supporting farmers and stabilizing their income. In other words, it focuses on reducing the burden of insurance premiums on farmers. It also ensures early settlement of claims and the flow of credit to the agricultural sector.
Due to unforeseen events, farmers often suffer crop loss or damage. Therefore, this scheme helps the farmers by encouraging them to adopt modern agricultural methods. So be it lost due to natural calamities or crop diseases, you can rely on this scheme. Furthermore, here is everything you need to know about Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, including how to enrol, who can be covered, and much more.
|PMFBY Scheme 2023 Details|
|Scheme name||PMFBY- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana|
|Launched by||Prime Minister- Narendra Modi|
|Scheme under||Comprehensive Crop Insurance Scheme, Farm Income Insurance Scheme, Experimental Crop Insurance, National Agriculture Insurance Scheme|
|Governing body||Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare Department|
|Beneficiaries||Agricultural labourers or farmers|
|Risk Covered Under PMFBY Scheme 2023 Details|
|Basic Cover||The risk of loss of yield to standing crops due to non-preventable risks such as dry spells, widespread pest and disease attacks, storms, cyclones, natural fires due to lightning, drought, flood, landslides, etc.|
|Add-on Coverage||The loss of crops such as mid-season adversity, and post-harvest losses, prevented sowing/germination risk/planting, and localized calamities.|
|Insurance Companies Participating in the PMFBY Scheme Names|
|S. No||Name of the Insurance companies|
|1.||Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co.Ltd.|
|2.||Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Ltd.|
|3.||Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd.|
|4.||HDFC Ergo General Insurance Co.Ltd.|
|5.||ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co.Ltd|
|6.||Future Generali India Insurance Co.Ltd|
|7.||National Insurance Company Ltd.|
|8.||IIFCO Tokio General Insurance Co.Ltd.|
|10.||New India Assurance Company|
|11.||Reliance General Insurance Co.Ltd.|
|12.||SBI General Insurance|
|13.||Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co.Ltd.|
|14.||TATA AIG General Insurance Co.Ltd|
|15.||Shriram General Insurance Co.Ltd|
|16.||United India Insurance Co.|
|17.||Universal Sompo General Insurance Company|
|18.||Agriculture Insurance Company|
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the Applicants of the PMFBY Scheme?
The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Farmers of all classifications can apply, be they big, small or marginal agricultural farmers.
- Both landholdings, as well as landless farmers, can apply for this scheme.
- Both loanee and non-loanee farmers can apply for this scheme through the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana government website.
Which Crops are Covered Under PMFBY Scheme?
The crops covered under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Scheme are as follows:
- Food crops such as Pulses, Cereals, millet, etc.
- Annual Commercial or Annual Horticultural crops.
Additionally, perennial horticulture crops for which a standard yield estimating method is available can also be the subject of coverage pilots.
How to Apply for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Scheme Online?
Wondering how to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Scheme online? Follow the steps exactly as they are mentioned below:
- First, visit the official link of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, i.e. https://pmfby.gov.in/
- Now on the homepage, you’ll find six different tablets. Now to apply, click on the tablet marked as Farmer Corner- Apply for Crop Insurance by Yourself.
- Once clicked, a smaller box will appear on the screen displaying two separate options- Login for Farmer and Guest Farmer
- Login with “Farmer” is for farmers who have already applied and can continue simply by logging in. On the other hand, Guest Farmer is for farmers who want to apply for the first time.
- Once clicked on Guest Farmer, an official Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana registration will appear on your screen.
- Now you need to fill in all the details with the correct information. Make sure to be careful, as any error will result in the cancellation of the form.
- Now you’ll need to type in the captcha code as given in the box. Next, click on the green button shown as Create User.
- Now you’ll get confirmation on your registered mobile number. Finally, your registration process will be completed, and you can log in using your credentials.
How to Report Crop Loss and Claim Insurance?
To report the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana claim process, here is what you need to do:
- Firstly farmers need to file a claim with the Insurance company within 72 hours of the occurrence of the loss.
- In addition to claiming, farmers need to submit supporting documents such as damaged crop photographs and reports from the agricultural department/village level committee as proof of the loss.
- Once filed, the insurance company will assess the claim. If approved, the farmer will receive a payout as compensation from the insurance company. For further queries or issues related to Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, farmers can complain to the grievance cell.
What Documents are Required for Registration Under PMFBY?
The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana documents required are as follows:
- Land registration papers.
- Aadhaar card.
- Farmland ownership papers.
- Farmer’s personal identification proof such as voter card, PAN card, etc.
- Sowing information.
- Application form.
- Official bank account details.
- Land khasra number.
- Agreement photocopy.
- Ration card.
- Driving license if any.
- Farmer’s passport-size photograph.
How can Farmers Calculate the Premium Amount?
To calculate the premium amount under the PMFBY Scheme, here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, if you are the applicant, then you need to visit the official website of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- Go to the homepage, then from the option tablet, click on Insurance Premium Calculator- Know Your Insurance Premium Before.
- Now a new page will appear on the screen where you can easily calculate the premium amount using the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana premium calculator.
- Now you’ve to enter details such as Season, Year, Scheme name, State, District, Crop, Date and others.
- Once provided, click on the yellow Calculate button.
- Once clicked, the site will make calculations and highlight the amount on your screen.
How to Register Any Grievance Complaint Online?
To register any grievance complaint under the PMFBY Scheme online, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- First, visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana at https://pmfby.gov.in
- On the homepage, from the left, click on the 5th tablet marked as Complaints- Tell Us About Your Problems.
- Once clicked, a new page will appear on the screen as a Complaint/Grievance box.
- Next, you’ll find four fields in this box: Name, Mobile Number, Email and Comments. Here you need to type the necessary details, such as mobile number, email ID, etc.
- Next, type in and describe your complaint or any issue.
- Once done, enter the captcha code in the given box.
- Finally, click on the yellow Submit button.
You can get Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana – How to Apply Online? Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Online Assistance 2023 detail here.
How to Download the PMFBY Android App?
To download the PMFBY Android app, here are the steps that you’ll need to follow:
- On your device, visit the Google PlayStore app.
- Open the app, and on the search bar menu, type PMFBY application.
- Now simply download the app by clicking on the install button.
- Once installed, the app will appear on your mobile homepage, and you can enjoy using it.